Interim Executive Board Information
After the last letter from Leicester Local Authority in February to parents, where they stated that they had ‘taken the decision to provide more help to deal with the (Governance) issues swiftly and effectively through developing a new governance structure for a limited time’, they had to make the difficult decision to to disband the school’s Governing board.
The Governing Board has now been replaced by an Interim Executive Board (IEB). An IEB is a small body, typically smaller than a full governing body, appointed by the LA and the Regional Schools Commissioner.
The Local Authority would like to acknowledge the time and commitment that the former governing board extended to the school and to thank all those involved for their support of Taylor Road through some very challenging times.
The members of the Interim Executive Board which is taking the place of the governing board are introduced to you below. This has been approved by the Local Authority and the Regional Schools Commissioner. The IEB are not here to manage and run the school, just to support the school and school improvement in general.
The Board consists of five members, all very experienced and with a huge range skills:
- Jane Ridgewell, Headteacher of Highfields Primary and a National Leader of Education,
- Ian Johnson, governor at Soar Valley College and previous School Business Manager,
- Farhan Adam, Principal of Crown Hills Community College and an Ofsted Inspector,
- Jawaahir Daahir, BEM, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Somali Development Services and
- Suzanne Uprichard, National Leader of Education and experienced governor.